On Oct 18, 2008, at 3:17 PM, Joe Van Dyk wrote:

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Jim Gay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Oct 17, 2008, at 10:04 PM, Joe Van Dyk wrote:

This is in production mode. I'm using the radiant exception notifier
plugin, which lets you put up your own 500 page.

I'm using Radiant to build a website that lets some non-technical
people update it.  I'm trying to make it as easy as possible.  It
doesn't seem right, if one person makes an error on a snippet that's
being used by every page, to not show the rest of the page's content
(and replace the snippet or tag with the error message).  That would
let them easily figure out where the error occurred and would give
them clues to how to fix it.

Joe

From my past experience and this recent test, that is what *should* be
happening.
What does the 500 error say?

Whatever the content on the 500 error page is.

Ok. What does your log file report?

You're saying that when you mess up a tag, the tag content is replaced
with the error message and the rest of the page looks as it would if
the tag rendered successfully?

Yes, that is how it is supposed to behave in production mode. If it is not doing that, then something is wrong (but that part is obvious). I haven't used exception notifier for Radiant, but I don't expect that it would alter things to behave like this. Does it? Or have you made any changes to your environment file (environments/ production.rb)?