On 13-Nov-08, at 2:00 PM, Chris Parrish wrote:

  * It's simple (read: non-technical users love it)
  * It's db-independent so if my local development environment is
    Sqlite3 but my server is MySQL or PostgreSQL (or I want to change
    databases/servers some day) it's no sweat to move content around.
  * It's collects all of the content (this means styles and scripts
ala SnS, and whatever fun extensions I choose to add in the future).
  * My site's content can be fully restored via import.
  * Ideally it's in a human readable format so if it's kept in an scm,
    diff tools can identify changes.
  * Bonus points for packaging all the files up nicely (like a zip or
    tarball for download).
  * Bonus points for managing asset files such as images images
    (though I'm not holding my breath here).

It seems to me that you want to keep a copy of everything in an svn repo so why not simply symlink your assets directory from the repository directory and symlink db/export from the SAME repository. Paperclipped (or what ever) will store all its changes in the symlink and the super_export (which is the only one of the two that will work for this) will put its files there too. Now you simply have to svn add and svn commit and you're laughing.

Adam