Hi Patrick,

Looks like a bug in the extension.
In lib/rss_reader.rb, it tries to read from the url
(http://example.com/?feed=rss2 in your case), but just looks at the
host and port  (http://example.com:80 in your case) and dismisses the
url parameters.
The Github user bryanl has forked the extension from lorenjohnson and
fixed the bug (see
http://github.com/bryanl/radiant-rss-reader/commit/be405349966cbf520c44303f184453284843acdc).
I recommend that you get a fresh copy from his latest version at
http://github.com/bryanl/radiant-rss-reader/tree/master
and try your luck with that one.

Manuel