Pat,

The typical solution is to use share_layouts, which lets your Rails views (in Haml, ERb, whatever) render inside a Radiant layout. There's a mostly-complete introduction to it on the wiki: http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Creating_an_extension_VI .

There are a few sections that I haven't filled out yet on that wiki page, but you shouldn't need them just to get started.

Sean

Pat Allan wrote:
Hi all

I'm working on a radiant site, and have an extension that does a few things, including managing news posts. As part of this, it means having a normal (HAML, in this case) Rails layout for the controller. All radiant-created pages, though, are driven by radiant layouts, using radius.

So that leads to me maintaining two different files with very similar contents - given the format change, anyway. I'm hoping there's something approaching a best practice for this situation - what is the ideal approach?

Cheers