> I don't know exactly what you're looking for... The navigation that
> you describe below is only one level (with no sub categories), for
> that using a dropdown menu isn't all that common. Anyways dropdowns
> are most commonly achieved using CSS (see
> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns)
>   to style a unordered list (just like the code Sean Cribbs gave you
> would have done). However, it seems like you'd rather specify the menu
> items manually (Sean's code would automatically have created the
> navigation based on your site three).
>
>    cheers, Simon

Sounds like I'm making this harder than need be.  I would prefer to have
it created dynamically based on the site tree.  I have all the pages in
order and parent/child relationships are correct.

If I understand you correctly, I should swamp my existing code with
Sean's and that should get me moving in the right direction?

Thanks for the input, Simon