Let me ask you this: which option did you choose when you bootstrapped the
db, none, simple blog, styled blog? I had this kind of thing happen to me
when I set up a completely unstyled site. When you do that, nothing gets
created. There is no page or page part or anything in the db. You get the
use of the gem and few config files, but there is o site created. There is
no home page. Your database is throwing you an error to tell you there isn't
anything to pull from where Radiant wants to start pulling page content.

Add a home page and you'll be golden.

~Nate