I really like this extension. I can see a lot of good in it that my clients would like but not being able to delete files is a problem. It works great on my Mac but then when I upload it to Joyent's Solaris servers it just doesn't delete all the files. I don't really understand what the problem is. It's something to do with the folder or files existing maybe when they shouldn't be. It seems to be related more to the environment and paperclip then the extension itself.

The problem is I get an application error and in the logs it says:

Errno::EEXIST (File exists - /users/home/..../web/public/assets/7):
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:264:in `rmdir'
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:264:in `rmdir'
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:263:in `each'
    /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:263:in `rmdir'
/vendor/extensions/paperclipped/vendor/plugins/paperclip/lib/ paperclip/storage.rb:62:in `flush_deletes' /vendor/extensions/paperclipped/vendor/plugins/paperclip/lib/ paperclip/storage.rb:52:in `each' /vendor/extensions/paperclipped/vendor/plugins/paperclip/lib/ paperclip/storage.rb:52:in `flush_deletes' /vendor/extensions/paperclipped/vendor/plugins/paperclip/lib/ paperclip.rb:301:in `send' /vendor/extensions/paperclipped/vendor/plugins/paperclip/lib/ paperclip.rb:301:in `destroy_attached_files'

I wish I understood this better or knew how to work around it. On my mac it seems to delete all the files and the folder without issue. On Joyent it deletes one file and causes an application error. If I refresh 4 times it will delete all the files and continue on but without deleting the folder.

I'm using the most recent release of paperclipped and I've tried it with 0.6.9 and .7rc2 but it doesn't work. I can't believe I'm the only experiencing this problem or at least that will experience it.

It's a good extension and to those out there that are able to use it I'm envious. I hope someone is able to fix this someday and I'll try it again.

By the way, is there a clean way to remove the paperclipped extension?

Steven