Steven,

Thanks for the detailed stacktrace. This is interesting, it really sounds like a difference between Solaris and the Mac. If I have a minute today I'll look at the paperclipped source and see if I can figure out what's going on. It's acting like the extension is trying to delete the directory before all the files have been removed. Maybe Solaris throws an EEXIST when an rmdir is attempted on a non-empty directory but Linux/Mac throws something else, or nothing.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Solaris machine to test on.

Solaris has a reputation for being "different"--most of the Mac and Linux command line tools and libraries are pretty similar, but the Solaris libraries have been their own forever. The first thing I would do when encountering a Solaris box that I was responsible for was to install most of the Gnu suite.

--cro