You will get this error if you do not have a "mailer" page part set up and configured correctly. I didn't create a "email" or "email_html" page parts, but just used the "body" part to setup the form template. Here is an example I used for the template:

<code>
<r:mailer:form name="contact">
Your Email Address: <r:mailer:if_error on="from"><span class="errormess">Your email address <r:mailer:if_error:message /></span></r:mailer:if_error><br/>
<r:mailer:text name="from" required="true" /> <br/>