On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 5:07 AM, Sean Cribbs <seancri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> <r:children:count /> should use the default find options for page children,
> which is to exclude virtual pages.  Just to be sure, add virtual="false" and
> see if you get a different result.

Are you sure? Looking at the code for the r:children:count tag[1], it
doesn't appear that its behaviour is modified by passing any attributes.

In my fork of Radiant[2], I have modified the r:children tag so that it
accepts the same options as r:children:each/first/last. I overlooked the
r:children:count tag, so it still has this bug. However, by breaking up the
r:children:count tag as follows:

    <r:children virtual="false"><r:count/></r:children>

using my version of the r:children tag, this should exclude virtual pages,
whereas (I think) the current Radiant would include virtual pages.

Cheers,
Drew

[1]:
http://github.com/radiant/radiant/blob/a9f7925f1ecec9e797db191b3f903b153400ba2c/app/models/standard_tags.rb#L51-53