Okay that works great. It totally cut out the archive month index and the draft articles. Thanks for the extra instructions they were helpful.

On Feb 4, 2009, at 5:30 PM, Andrew Neil wrote:

Steven,

Replacing children with Drew's

tag 'children' do |tag|
  tag.locals.filter_attributes = tag.attr
  tag.locals.options = children_find_options(tag)
  tag.locals.children = tag.locals.page.children
tag.locals.children_filtered = tag.locals.page.children.find(:all, tag.locals.options.clone)
  tag.expand
end

Sorry, I should have explained that that was not the only modification to the standard_tags file. The method "filter_attributes" is a private method, defined near the bottom of the file. (And some of the other children tags have been altered too).

I've just updated my branch[1] to fix the bug in the r:children:count tag[2]. Specs are there too, and it seems to work fine.

If you want to use this, I suggest you just copy the whole standard_tags.rb from my branch into your copy of Radiant.

Cheers,
Drew

[1]:
http://github.com/nelstrom/radiant/commit/037afe6c162a38a547ff49655e73e4a61c0a8fc2
[2]:
http://github.com/nelstrom/radiant/blob/037afe6c162a38a547ff49655e73e4a61c0a8fc2/app/models/standard_tags.rb#L80-85

and

<r:children virtual="false"><r:count/></r:children>

I end up with "undefined local variable or method `����tag' for #"

For my use it would be best if count had the option to exclude virtual pages and only include published pages. I think Drew's method would do that. But there must be more to it then just changing out that code and restarting Mongrel.

Steven