I think it's great that Aslak chose to fork Radiant rather than to just create extensions. At some point, you need to consider whether the monkey-patches are worth it, or whether it's better to use Radiant as the base. That said, at times when I've tried Ba, setup from a blank database was difficult to say the least. Maybe you could contribute patches to Ba to help out with that?

Sean