On Feb 18, 2009, at 12:15, Andrew Neil <andrew.jr.n...@googlemail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Jim Gay <j...@saturnflyer.com> wrote:

Announcing the Shortcut Extension

Looks good Jim!

http://ext.radiantcms.org/extensions/104-shortcut

It provides a way to take a page found at "/a-very/long/url-for/ this-page"
and access it at "/this-page" and it will cache the response.
You might find this useful for search engine optimization.

Could you clarify? So if I point my browser to "/this-page", do I get
redirected to "a-very/long/url-for/this-page", or do I simple see the exact
same content at both of these URLs?

No redirect is performed. The page renders as if it were a child of the home.

I'm generally wary of duplicate content, but Google posted this just the
other week:

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/02/specify-your-canonical.html

So I can see this being useful!

Bonus! That's news to me.

Cheers,
Drew

With it you can also use the tags <r:shortcut_url /> and <r:shortcut_link /> which will return URLs for the shortcut (if the page is one) or the
actual URL (if the page is not a shortcut)

-Jim

Jim Gay
http://www.saturnflyer.com