Mark Glossop wrote:
Jim, I haven't answered your questions since Mohit's answer clarifies a lot
for me, and much of my opinions were/are based on little more than gut feel
and a lot of IT experience. Were I to give any answers, they likely wouldn't
say more than "I'd like it to be less surprising to someone who has
experience with Rails development."

Just going back to this a bit, Mark - are you saying that the reason it would be better to distribute Radiant as a "rails app" because it would be less surprising to someone who has experience with Rails development? I like to think of Radiant as a Ruby application that relies on Rails (rather than a Rails app). I see that as a plus, and its reliance on Rails means that someone can write an extension for it using what they learnt when they did Rails.

Anyway, it's good that you're feeling clearer about it - someone in core may be able to answer some of your other questions :)

2/27/2009 | 11:46 PM.