Elle Meredith wrote:

On 05/03/2009, at 4:19 PM, Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
1. In my Normal layout I use the page title as h1 element (sometimes as a link, sometimes as just a heading). However, I wish _not_ to have a h1 title on the home page only. I am not sure how to achieve this.
Hi Elle,

I'm not going to answer your question :)

My strong recommendation would be to have a different home page layout. The reason for this is that in most cases, the home page is completely different in the way that other pages are done. You would save yourself a lot of conditional stuff if you just separated that out.

Of course, your question is still relevant for other reasons and I hope you get an answer (I'll take a look at the details later myself).

In most cases, I completely agree with you Mohit :). However, in this case, the layout is exactly the same: one #main column, one #sidebar -- I only want to hide h1 heading on the home page.

After reading your email, I would actually be really happy if there was a tag such as <r:page_id /> because then I could use if as:
And then I can use the body.page_xxx to hide my title as well as control other page specific aspects while still using just one layout.
You could write a tag for page_id. I posted once a tag for modified_by - you could just adapt it from there. This may help: http://lists.radiantcms.org/pipermail/radiant/2009-January/012132.html

3/5/2009 | 3:58 PM.