Mohit Sindhwani wrote:

> Andrew Neil wrote:
> >> You could try this:
> >> * Create each bio page separately as you suggested
> >
> > I agree. This is a good way to go.
> >
> >> * Create a special page part called 'anchor' in the bio page
> >>
> >> You could then write a special tag that creates a link to that anchor
> >> using r:children:each
> >> and a special tag similar to r:content called r:content_anchor that
> >> spits out the anchor in the HTML before doing the r:content for the
> >> child page?
> >
> > No need for an extra page part, you can just use the slug. For a page
> > to pass as HTML valid, one of the requirements is that no two elements
> > share the same id. Likewise, Radiant enforces that no two sibling
> > pages have the same slug.
> >
> > Output the content like this:
> >
> > <r:children:each>
> >     <r:content/>
> > </r:children:each>
> >
> > And the index like this:
> >
> > <r:children:each>
> > </r:children:each>
>
> That's good!  I always get confused whether "#<r:slug />" works!  But I
> guess it does.

You can put radius tags wherever you want, except within other radius tags;
that means you can set attributes to radius tags and have their output as the
attriute's value in your HTML doc.

> Also, do div IDs work as anchors?  Or should that be
> changed to:
> <a name="<r:slug />"> ... </a>

The name attribute does not exist in XHTML 1.1 and the id attribute works as an
anchor, no matter what element it is with -- in XHTML it is universal. Thus,
don't use the name attribute unless you need to stick with HTML4 -- dunno about
HTML5, actually.

Best Regards
Chris