On 17.03.2009, at 03:15, Mohit Sindhwani wrote:

Andrew Neil wrote:
You could try this:
* Create each bio page separately as you suggested

I agree. This is a good way to go.

* Create a special page part called 'anchor' in the bio page

You could then write a special tag that creates a link to that anchor using r:children:each and a special tag similar to r:content called r:content_anchor that spits out the anchor in the HTML before doing the r:content for the child page?

No need for an extra page part, you can just use the slug. For a page to pass as HTML valid, one of the requirements is that no two elements share the same id. Likewise, Radiant enforces that no two sibling pages have the same slug.

Output the content like this:

<r:children:each>
   <r:content/>
</r:children:each>

And the index like this:

<r:children:each>
</r:children:each>

That's good! I always get confused whether "#<r:slug />" works! But I guess it does. Also, do div IDs work as anchors? Or should that be changed to:
<a name="<r:slug />"> ... </a>

This really is much cleaner!  No tags needed :)

Well in xhmtl 1.0 the name attribute for a elements is depricated, in xhtml 1.1. it was removed. In html4 it's allowed, html 5.0 usese id and name linking but does not allow the name attribute for a elements as far as i know.

So in modern browsers use id linking =)

Greetings

3/17/2009 | 10:15 AM.

___m i c h a e l   s t a r k e____
       co-founder of
       HicknHack Software GbR
       www.hicknhack.com
       Graphics

___c o n t a c t____
       +49 (170) 3686136
       +49 (351) 4045428
       cont...@hicknhack.com

___H i c k n H a c k   S o f t w a r e   G b R____
       maik lathan - andreas reischuck - michael starke
       hübnerstraße 8
       01069 dresden - germany