I've actually worked on this a bit and got it running at one point as
a plugin with very few test failures (but that was pre-0.7).  I'd love
to see it go that way.  I have a project
(http://github.com/xtoddx/radiant_plugin/tree/master) to do this, but
I haven't pushed back into it yet.

As far as getting migrations, tests, routes, and libraries loaded,
I've been using
http://github.com/rubidine/app_extension_generator/tree/master to
generate a plugin with all the necessary pieces, then copying the
radiant logic in.  I've installed the gem versions of everything out
of vendor, and pulled the plugins into the main rails app that I'm
making radiant a plugin of.  The radiant extensions can become
app_extensions as well, which I have done for the different markup
extensions that come as default (naming them something like
radiant_textile_filter [radiant_*] so they get loaded after the main
radiant plugin).

I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to this project, but I'll see
if I can't get a very simple prototype finished this weekend, and I'd
love to mentor anyone who has time to dedicate to it.

-todd[1]

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Tony Davis <tony.da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe this is the post that Sean was referring to:
>

> http://lists.radiantcms.org/pipermail/radiant/2009-March/012583.html
>

> Unfortunately it does not help me out too much. In all my rails projects, I
> need to have a CMS component. Having Radiant (which I really like and use
> standalone) as a drop in component for any rails app would be killer.
>

> I have a number of experienced rails developers who work with me and I would
> be happy for our group to be part of a project to implement this.
>

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Shakthi Kannan <shakthim...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> --- On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Sean Cribbs <seancri...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> | Yes, I answered that question a few weeks ago.  You can search the
>> mailing
>> | list archives at http://radiantcms.org/mailing-list/ .  If you don't
>> find
>> | the answer, please search http://groups.google.com/group/radiantcms-dev.
>> \--
>>
>> Could you please provide the exact URL post? I was unable to find the same.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> SK
>>
>> --
>> Shakthi Kannan
>> http://www.shakthimaan.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email is for sole use of intended
recipient(s).  Unauthorized use is prohibited.