Jason,

Please do submit that - it would be great to be compliant with the Textile spec OOB.

As an aside, last weekend I was working with Chef (which uses Merb) and somehow when I updated the gems, it would install the wrong versions of certain Merb gems, causing version mismatches and gem activation errors. To keep Radiant's dependencies simple and optionally use external gems is the way to continue, I'm convinced.

Sean

Jason Garber wrote:
Nate, I didn't really follow you.  Can you have another go at it?

Radiant 0.6.9 locked you into using RedCloth 3.0.4 for Textile, which was released in September of 2005. 0.7.1 lets you use RedCloth from gems, so you can get the latest RedCloth—4.1.9 which is much better. It handles HTML or already-rendered Textile (i.e. HTML) much better. I find occasionally I still have to wrap some radius tags in <notextile> blocks, but it's a big improvement over what we had before.

Maybe something within Radiant changed between 0.6.9 and 0.7.1, but I doubt it.

Are you saying it's an overall improvement? Do you have suggestions for additional improvements.

That reminds me, I made a pure-Ruby version of RedCloth a couple months ago and I should submit that to Radiant to be bundled in in place of 3.0.4.

Have a great weekend!  I'm probably offline 'til Tuesday.
Jason