Brian Gernhardt wrote:
It just so happens that I'm one of the guys working on git. So I'll see what I can do to help you. :-D I don't know how extensive your git experience is, so bear with me if I'm saying things you already know.

Thanks. Your info was exactly that little bit I needed to grok this. But I still have a few questions for pushing back to the repo on my server. See below.