I sent a email to the list earlier today with this exact same issue. I have
gotten the gallery extension to work fine with Radaint 0.7.1 - so I have no
idea what I did wrong this time, or what has changed...

For now, I've switched to using the paperclipped extension and manually
creating a gallery with lightbox or something.

Dave