Hi, I have just started to use the Comments Extension. One of the things that I have noticed is that the comments extension has always mentioned in the readme that:

Relative urls will not work on comment pages if they fail validation, since the page gets re-rendered at a (probably) different level of the hierarchy. Always use absolute urls and you won't have any issues.

I don't know what to make of this. I find that even if the comment post is successful, relative URLs may not work. I was wondering how to resolve it. For this, I changed the following line in the comments_controller.rb > create:

  redirect_to "#...@page.url}comments#comment-#{comment.id}"

to:
  redirect_to "#...@page.url}"

This way, it should just redirect to the page on which the comment was posted. It seems to work... but can someone confirm if that is indeed the correct way to deal with it?

5/9/2009 | 11:25 PM.