N. Turnage wrote:
Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
N. Turnage wrote:
I have a but report and a suggestion for the Templates extension.

Bug report:
When you change a template (parts or structure) in any way the pages that are based on the template don't get updated with the changes. For each page that uses that template must be opened and resaved before any of the changes get implemented. I don't know if this was intentional, but I have 250+ pages that rely on one of my templates. Any change in a template means a long morning of opening and resaving pages.

This is not uncommon. In general, the pages should 'eventually' expire. If you haven't made any changes to Radiant, shouldn't it expire within 5 minutes?

To fix this, the following options exist (but you'll need to cut in to the code): * Bring back the 'Clear Cache' button (I have requested this in the past, but it's been deemed unimportant) * Get the extension to clear the cache automatically whenever a template is saved (similar to changing layouts/ snippets).

I had never thought it could be a caching issue. As long as it's that, I can just resave one page to check that the changes work, and just wait for all the others to get updated when the cache expires.

It's most likely that. I used to have the same thing with reorder. If a parent page lists the children and you change the sequence of the children, it may not update the parent page till the cache expires. I had mentioned this on the wiki at: http://wiki.github.com/radiant/radiant/reorder-extension

While looking at the wiki, I noticed: http://wiki.github.com/radiant/radiant/clear-the-page-cache

You wanna try that?

5/19/2009 | 12:23 AM.