Hi Chaim

I'm not sure what you want to do :(

If I understand correctly, there are 2 issues:
1. You want to gather news from different places. This is something aggregate can do. But what you seem to want is to have a place where you can define all the URLs that need to be aggregated. Right? 2. You want to have different types of rendering for the news item depending on where it is going (RSS, news page, etc). You could do this by having page parts, one for each of the types. Then, render the correct page part depending on the type.

I'm still thinking how to solve #1... but do I understand your problem correctly?

5/27/2009 | 12:19 AM.

Chaim Kirby wrote:
Bump
I would really like to use a page part or a snippet to define the list
of urls in the aggregate tag, ie:

<r:aggregate urls='<r:find url="/root"><r:content
part="news_urls"/></r:find>'>
 {Show aggregated data}
</r:aggregate>

or

<r:aggregate urls='<r:snippet name="root-news-urls">'>
 {Show aggregated data}
</r:aggregate>

I want to do this because I have a hierarchy of
/organization
-------------\news
-------------\group a
---------------------\news
---------------------\project a
-------------------------------\news
---------------------\project b
-------------------------------\news
-------------\group b
---------------------\news
---------------------\project a
-------------------------------\news
---------------------\project b
-------------------------------\news

Each news folder has multiple news posts that should bubble up the
hierarchy to be shown in all ancestor news pages.  The news is also
displayed differently in different contexts (main news page, quick view
news sidebar, rss feed) So a dynamic aggregate tag would be great.

Is it possible?  What changes would I have to make to the aggregate
extension? Am I just missing something?

Thanks,
Chaim Kirby

chaim.kirby at childrens.harvard.edu