On Jun 22, 2009, at 14:47 , Jim Gay wrote:

On Jun 22, 2009, at 2:17 AM, Petrik de Heus wrote:

I haven't looked closely at the extensions out there for member
management. I believe that a common approach is to just piggy-back on the existing users, but personally I would not do that. The purpose of
Radiant's users and your extra users are different enough that they
make sense being separate, and you'd also control that better by
rolling your own authentication scheme. I think Ba does this
(http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/ba/tree/master
)

I've extracted the user management part out of Ba:
http://github.com/p8/radiant-restricted-access-extension/tree/master
It's still a bit beta though:
- User registration will be added today.
- I've turned off caching to allow "logged in as USERNAME" links, otherwise cached pages would show usernames of other users.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm still on 0.7.1

The way we approached this with http://www.practicegreenhealth.org was to leave caching on and write in a controller that checks the login status with AJAX. That allowed us to display "Welcome, Jim" or something like that.

Thanks,
I guess that would be the last resort.
I'll might try to do the same thing but on the server side.
Let the login tag generate a token in the page and replace it in the cache with the real login status.