Anyone have any pointers toward the best way of implementing
per-request caching in Radiant 0.8.x?

The basic idea is that we're writing a bunch of extensions to handle a
membership database, user login, etc. - logged-in users may have
different options appear, will have their name in a corner of the
page, etc, whereas anonymous users will all see the same page content.

I'm thinking it should be adequate to simply check the session or
their cookie to see if they're logged in, and if so bypass the cache -
otherwise normal Radiant cache behavior can apply.

I took a look into this briefly a while back, but wasn't quite sure
what the right way to go about this was - any thoughts would be
appreciated.

Rufo