On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Mohit Sindhwani <t...@onghu.com> wrote:
> Tom Stoll wrote:
>>
>> HI,
>> I managed to install Radiant 0.8.1 on Bluehost via the vendor directory.
>> Everything worked on the admin page, and I set up a page following the
>> tutorials. However, when I viewed my site, the same page is served, no
>> matter what, for 5 minutes. I'm thinking that I missed something obvious,
>> but what? There's very little on the radiant wiki about caching besides
>> some
>> brief discussion about pages being automatically cached for 5 minutes. How
>> do I control the caching behavior?

what about it do you want to control?

if you just want the 5 minutes to be longer or shorter you can add
something like

`SiteController.cache_timeout = 1.week` or
`SiteController.cache_timeout = 1.minute`

to your environment.rb file inside the config.after_initialize block

> Silly question... but you are editing the page you are viewing, right?  I
> haven't used 0.8.1, but in earlier versions, if you changed a child page and
> that should update a parent, it would not happen.

0.8.1 removes the entire cache when you save any page.