I had the same problem at EMU.  The answer was here:
http://workswithruby.com/2009/7/rack-cache-and-lighttpd-fcgi

Should his patch be worked into Radiant? Or submitted upstream to Rack/Rails?

On Sep 24, 2009, at 2:58 PM, Tom Stoll wrote:

HI,
I managed to install Radiant 0.8.1 on Bluehost via the vendor directory.
Everything worked on the admin page, and I set up a page following the
tutorials. However, when I viewed my site, the same page is served, no
matter what, for 5 minutes. I'm thinking that I missed something obvious, but what? There's very little on the radiant wiki about caching besides some brief discussion about pages being automatically cached for 5 minutes. How
do I control the caching behavior?

-tom