Chris,

Thanks for a response!

I went ahead and did what you said, and put the result in a pastie at <http://pastie.org/636064 >. In the end, the error seems to be exactly the same as reported with Ray.

I looked for the version number in sns_extension.rb, and found 0.8.0. I'm pretty sure that I grabbed the latest version (or that ray did automatically). From my app root, I did a "git submodule summary" and got:

* vendor/extensions/sns 0000000...7fc5476 (66):
> Fixed issue with getting blank assets every second request when using mod_passenger.

Was that the proper way to check? (I'm still a git newbie, too.)

To use vlad, I ended up modifying the Rakefile in the app root to:

require File.join(File.dirname(__FILE__), 'config', 'boot')

import File.join(RADIANT_ROOT, 'Rakefile')

# added to use vlad deployment
begin
        require "vlad"
        Vlad.load(:app => :passenger, :scm => :git)
rescue LoadError
        # do nothing
end

I don't think that should have changed things, but I'm really a newbie at Ruby/Rails/Rake, etc., so I don't have a good feel for what really is happening yet.

Oh, and, yes, I am using Radiant 0.8.1.

Ah ha!

I disabled the lines in the root Rakefile that I had added for vlad, and then the install worked fine.

Anyone have any insight into why that might be?

Thanks!

David Alan Hjelle
1 Corinthians 2:2
http://thehjellejar.com/