I took a look at the wiki, unfortunately it isn't really a "cookbook", but
has something more akin to blog entries and unresolved questions, for my two
cents, coming from a C and Java background, it seems like ROR and gems need
something like an ant build.xml file (or something more human readable like
n3 format might be interesting) which at least provides a roadmap for
debugging. Or  maybe all this  already exist (or maybe, if I might be bold,
your cms might be converted to doing all this for ror (for ur roi)?