2009/11/15 Raphaël Valyi <rva...@gmail.com>:
> So my question is, what version would you advise for best overall peace of
> mind in the coming 6 months (balancing current trouble on head against
> future migration cost):
> - stable 0.8.1 ?
> - 0.9.0 RC1 ?
> - head ?

That depends. 0.9.0 RC1 is stable enough for production use, but the
question is, have the extensions that you want to use been updated to
work with RC1. If the answer is no, you may want to stick with 0.8.1
for now.

> I should say, I'm a bit surprise to see 0.9.0 is still not out while RC1 was
> back in early October, any issue? Busy? Any planned date?

We haven't promoted it to an official release because we want to allow
enough time for most of the major extensions to be updated. There will
probably be at least one more RC and it will included support for
internationalization (of the admin interface).

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com