I abandoned the google maps extension in favor of the location extension
http://github.com/saturnflyer/radiant-location-extension

It was built for a "Location" page which I abandoned and reworked it to be used
as an interface to manage locations and display them on any page.
It's in use here http://uwm.org/interactive-map/ and here
http://uwm.org/ex237/interactive-map/ (using "Groups" for different locations)

Here's a pastie of a snippet I use for the map generation
http://pastie.org/734017

I will eventually be working on it more and ensuring that my changes to the
LocationPage actually work as originally intended, but that was not why I use
it.
And I'll probably do something to add a sample snippet in there.

-Jim

On Dec 8, 2009, at 1:42 PM, Steven Southard wrote:

> I noticed the saturnflyer update for radiant 0.8.0 to the google maps
> extension and I thought cool.  When I tried installing it I got the
> error Object is not missing constant GoogleMap!  I read pipewriter had
> this problem back in July but I didn't see any resolution.  I'm using
> 0.8.1 and it'd be great to use this extension again.  Is anyone else
> having success running the extension with 0.8.1?
>
> Steven
> http://www.stevensouthard.com

Jim Gay
http://www.saturnflyer.com