On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 6:30 PM, Anton Aylward <anton.aylw...@rogers.com> wrote:
> I have the file_system extension installed and took a 'snapshot'
>

> So I did a took a backup copy of development
>
>        cp development.sqlite3.db development-2010-01-24.sqlite3.db
>
> and then
>
>        rake development file_system:to_files
>
> However the Db grew a bit when I restored that!
>
>        rake development file_system:to_db
>
>        ls -l db/
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 anton users 309248 2010-01-24 18:03
> development-2010-01-24.sqlite3.db
> -rw-r--r-- 1 anton users 314368 2010-01-24 18:09 development.sqlite3.db
>
> Should I be concerned?  Why has it grown?

As long as everything is there I don't see a reason why you should be
concerned, but maybe someone with more experience there will chime in.
Perhaps it just comes from some extra whitespace generated by the
file_system extension files.
What happens if you do it a third time with another database snapshot?

> The second part of the question is this:
>
> I now want to restore that to a working database while I also work on
> the 'development' Database.
>
> So in config/database.yml I have
>
> =================================
> development:
>  adapter: sqlite3
>  database: db/development.sqlite3.db
>
> snapshot:
>  adapter: sqlite3
>  database: db/snapshot.sqlite3.db
>
> # Warning: The database defined as 'test' will be erased and
> # re-generated from your development database when you run 'rake'.
> # Do not set this db to the same as development or production.
> test:
>  adapter: sqlite3
>  database: db/test.sqlite3.db
> ===================================
>
> "production" is off in the future  :-)
>
> I do a
>        rake snapshot file_system:to_db
> and I get
>        rake aborted!
>        Don't know how to build task 'snapshot'
>
> Which sort-of makes sense.  But then again doesn't.
> How can I specify a database other than
>        [ development, test, production ]

The task:
rake production whatevertask
is unique to Radiant. It's not a standard rails task, and it's only a
convenience method for doing:
rake RAILS_ENV=production whatevertask

http://github.com/radiant/radiant/blob/master/lib/tasks/environments.rake

So try:
rake RAILS_ENV=snapshot file_system:to_db

--
Jim Gay
http://www.saturnflyer.com