I'm not sure about the r:if_ancestor_or_self tag, but an alternative would
be to use

<r:if_url matches="^/parent/">class="active"</r:if_url>

within your menu items. That's what I'm doing.

Leon

Leon Miller-Out
President & CTO, Singlebrook Technology, Inc
l...@singlebrook.com
p 607-330-1493
f 607-697-0457
119 S. Cayuga St. - Suite 202