Hi all,

I found that it's actually fairly easy to restrict access to standard tabs to
some RBAC roles. But there's a catch:

My extension defines a new entity which is no page. Users with the role
'editor' will log in to edit its contents, and those users aren't allowed to do
anything else. No "Pages", "Snippets" or else.

Unfortunately, the "Pages" tab is hardcoded in the welcome controller,
disabling it leads to infinite redirects. ("index" of the "welcome" controller
redirects to admin_pages_url)

Maybe it would be better to have welcome:index redirect to the first accessible
tab, whatever that might be? But how?

Regards,

Christian