Well, "gem list" says radiant (0.9.1),  but that's remote, ie, not installed
(I guess ?)
"gem list --local" does not show radiant at all.
But I have a /home/lindsay/rails_apps/radiant directory,  with a  CHANGELOG
that has "=== 0.8.1 Luster" at the top.

So it's SLOOOWWLY starting to make sense.
Maybe Hostgator's web-based cPanel does one kind of install;
and my command-line commands do a DIFFERENT kind of install,
and never the twain shall meet.
I can re-install radiant with cPanel, but I'm pretty sure I'll get the 0.8
version that I've got now.
I don't have any control or understanding of what cPanel does when I click
the button.

I think HostGator's cPanel Rails / Gems installer has sent me on a wild
goose chase here.
I guess I should start all over, ditch cPanel, and re-install radiant,
radiant-forms-extension, etc. myself from the command line.

Does anybody have a better idea?

--
Lindsay Morris