Yeah, I've got paperclipped up and running and I'm using Avlux for my
hosting.  The only thing paperclipped lacks for my specific project is
to be able to upload your own thumbnails for an image instead of using
the default resized ones.

My client is a designer and he wants the thumbnails to be cropped-in
versions of the design.  It's really important that he have the
ability to upload his own thumbnails.  Has anybody needed this
before?  If not, what would be the process for getting it done?