Haselwanter Edmund said the following on 09/10/2010 07:35 AM:

> you did not answer my questions:
>
> what does (on the terminal)
>
> $ gem env

I did that.
My thread was about problems with being unable to start after a
Dreamhost upgrade to 64-bit and a conversion to RedCloth-4.2.3

> output look like?
>
> $ gem list
>
> output look like?
>
> can you start irb and require something?
>
> $ irb
>
>>> require 'radiant'
> => true
>>> quit

Doesn't that assume radiant-as-a-gem or something?

I ask because when I run that on sites I have that *do* work I get

[laney:/home/antonaylward/SystemI]$ irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'radiant'
LoadError: no such file to load -- radiant
        from (irb):2:in `require'
        from (irb):2

Lets not forget, however, that this is going to behave very differently
depending on the context in which I run it.   Why? Because the code that
makes up radiant redefines Kernel#require.   Go check.  That's what
'custom_require' is all about.  That was what the now obsolete but
rather more obvious 'require_gem' was about.

--
Nothing excites a magical particle like meeting itself coming the other way.
-- _The Science of Discworld_