I'm about to announce a re-release of featured_pages, but that's not
what you want here.
I'm not sure why you have a 'contact us' page under articles, but you
might have your reasons.

Using featured_pages would require a lot of manual labor.
What you want is for it to be automatic.

Just use the <r:if_url> or <r:unless_url> tags.

You can do something like this:

<r:find url="/articles">
 <ul class="list2">
   <r:children:each order="asc" limit="20" >
     <r:unless_url matches="^contact-us$">
       <li>

The wiki has a lot of great content
https://github.com/radiant/radiant/wiki/Conditional-Tags