If anyone wants to jump on the bleeding edge, I think the next generation of
PageFactory is ready for public use. It works pretty much like PageFactory 1,
but drops the PageFactory::Base class. Instead, all part management is done
directly on your Page subclasses:

    class EmployeePage < Page
        part "first name"
        part "last name"
        part "department"
    end

PageFactory 2 also adds management of Page Fields.

Everything is on the 2.0 branch, so you'll have to install the extension and
manually check out the new branch. It will probably remain as a vendored
extension until we see another release of Radiant.

As always, comments, questions, and bug reports welcomed and appreciated.