Thanks Jim. Slowly but surely I'm figuring it out :)

I manually updated the Hostname.domain fields via the console and now
Radiant seems to be recognizing them! For some reason it doesn't like
any domain starting w/ www e.g. "www.domain.com". Instead I had to use
"domain.com" to match www.domain.com.

Also - when I try to add a new homepage to the brand-new site by
clicking the "+ New Homepage" button at the bottom of the Pages tab,
Radiant throws an error:

Processing Admin::PagesController#new (for 127.0.0.1 at 2011-02-08
22:26:26) [GET]
  Parameters: {"action"=>"new", "controller"=>"admin/pages"}

ActiveRecord::UnknownAttributeError (unknown attribute: site_id):
  vendor/radiant/app/controllers/admin/resource_controller.rb:144:in `new'

Any ideas? I'd be more than happy to write up a guide on how to
install + configure this vhost extension once I get it all working :P

Thanks again for your help!