Through a process of elimination, I've narrowed this down to two
issues.

The "undefined method..." error seems to be related purely with the
form validation functionality. If I leave any of the required fields
blank when submitting the form, the error appears when the page
reloads. For now I've just removed any requirements, but I'd love to
get to the bottom of that one.

Additionally, in my "mailer" page part, I had:

from_field: sa...@mydomain.com

and for a hard-coded email address (as opposed to an email address
extracted from the form fields submitted by a site visitor) this
should instead be:

from: sa...@mydomain.com

After making these changes the form now submits, the redirect occurs,
and an email gets sent.

Thanks for your help,

JT