I'll second this advice. I may not know enough about your needs, but with a
CMS, it doesn't seem importance what version of Rails or Ruby a CMS runs on,
since a full-blown app is not what Radiant CMS is designed for. And with RVM,
it's easy to admin a server with multiple versions of Ruby and Rails to
accommodate different projects with different version needs running on the same
server.

More important, IMO, is how well documented each CMS is or (perhaps better) how
easy it is to get help from other developers, including contractors (lots and
lots of good developers are fluent in Radiant and are available to help). I'm
not one of them although I've created several Radiant CMS sites, and it's very
easy once you do one, but I'm not familiar with developing complex applications
in Radiant. It's more difficult when you try to create a complex app but at
that point a straight Rails project is a better choice. But I've been told that
a Rails app can be written and included into a Radiant site as a plugin,
although I haven't done that (yet).

Kevin