In an effort to make the install/setup process for Radiant 1.0 as easy as
possible I've started working on installers for Ubuntu/Debian and Mac users.

The installers do not assume you have any part of the Radiant requirements
installed so you don't even need a working Ruby to get started (actually on Mac
you'll have to manually install Xcode but the installer will let you know what
to do). Just run two commands and respond to a few prompts and your Radiant
1.0.0 (currently RC4) will be up and running in no time.

Once downloaded you can continue using the script to setup new instances and
all the dependency installation stuff will be skipped.

If anyone has success or failure I'd like to know about it (either here or in
the gist comments) so we can make these things work for as many people as
possible. Also if you have the sweet bash/sh scripting chops and want to help
improve the scripts that would be fantastic. If there is interest I can setup a
proper repository to make forking/merging easier but for now gists seem good
enough.

## Mac

Tested against 10.7 using Homebrew and MacPorts. Complete script
http://git.io/radiant-mac-install

    curl -OL http://git.io/radiant-mac-install.sh
    bash radiant-mac-install.sh

## Ubuntu/Debian

Tested against Ubuntu 10.04, 11.10 and Debian 6. Complete script
http://git.io/radiant-ubuntu-install

    wget http://git.io/radiant-ubuntu-install.sh
    bash radiant-ubuntu-install.sh

## What the installer does

Running the installer will install RVM and all the platform specific
dependencies needed to build rubies. Then it'll install Ruby 1.9.3, setup an
isolated RVM environment for each Radiant instance, do the `bundle install`
dance, run the bootstrap task and create a project specific `.rvmrc` file so
the right environment will be loaded when you `cd` into your project. For Mac
users who don't already have a package manager it will additionally install
Homebrew.

New Radiant instances are created in your home directory but you can move the
created projects to wherever you want later.