It's something I've been meaning to do for awhile now but have been
waiting till 1.0 came out

The following articles:

https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/cedar
https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/multiple-environments
https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/custom-domains
https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/memcache

Along with the Gist I created:

https://gist.github.com/2424787

And Cloud Flare:

https://www.cloudflare.com/

Will provide all the info you need to get going. Unless someone beats
me to it I'll add it to the wiki when I have a spare 10 minutes.