Hi Julian,
How did you get started with radiant? Which version are you using?

The best way to get started is to install the radiant gem and use the
radiant command to create a new project. This creates a rails 2.x
application that runs a user interface for creating pages and managing
assets. That usually needs command line access but there is no need to
touch the code for getting started. Later, there are many plugins that can
add much more functionality.

Initially the version of rails is fixed with the radiant gem version and
there is no need to worry about the app directory etc.

You are right about the level of documentation. The github pages seem to
have disappeared!

Hope this helps
David V.

On 22 May 2013 16:26, Julian Hurley <jul...@designimperial.com> wrote:

> Not a Ruby on Rails beginner, but a pretty major Radiant noob. I've been
> spent around 4 hours to trying to get a grip on this system, and I'm having
> difficulty. Not having a go, but as feedback I feel the documentation is
> really, really patchy.
>
> Anyway, I am making some headway, but I still can't figure out how to
> reference assets in the source code. If I could edit the slug on image
> assets that would be incredible, but there's no field edit this, and
> neither is there a column in the database to reflect it, so that can't be
> right. How do I reference assets? Where are the images actually stored?
>
> Also, this is really confusing me. My Radiant application is working
> perfectly, but where is my app directory? Where are the controllers, views,
> and models? Very, very confusing!
>

> <https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-DQNFC8nmUVw/UZzTIqmeFHI/AAAAAAAAAA4/LnwgKfSw94c/s1600/ji.jpg>
>

> Anyway, thanks for any help you can give me.
>
>  --
>
> ---

---