Yes, I do think better documentation is definitely a really, really, good idea.
The ruby CMS war is only between Refinery CMS and Radiant CMS. I've used both,
and I feel that Radiant is the better CMS, especially in terms of the interface
and the intuitive way you can utilise ruby code in the site's source code.
However, Refinery is much, much easier to set up, and I think that's why it has
a larger user-base. If Radiant could refine its installation process, and
couple that with some extensive, accessable documentation, I definitely think
Radiant could pull ahead.

I'd be happy to document my set up experience, and write extensive
documentation regarding the system.
I would be able to rewrite "The Basics" and "Extensions" sections entirely,
excluding the "Using Extensions" section, as that's really the domain of the
community. Saying that, the "Blogs Extension", "Comments Extension", the
"Gallery Extension" and "Database Mailer Extensions" appear to extremely
useful, and I would probably be able to document these in the future.

With regards the "How Tos", I'd be more than happy to explain just how to: "Use
Radiant as a Blog", "Make a sitemap", "Utilise inline CSS", "Output All Page
Parts", "Rest Admin Password", "Change a Page's Publication Date", "Make a
Template from an Existing Site", "Migrate SQLite to MySQL" as well as "Setup a
SQL Server Database"

I also feel that "Making a Template From An Existing site" and "Migrating from
SQLite to MySQL" are so necessary that they should actually be located as an
optional section of the installation.

Anyway, those are my thoughts, and I would be genuinely be more than happy to
kick-start these sections of the documentation. I can also tell you exactly
where the weaknesses in Radiant's installation process lie. All I ask for in
return is that you can clarify my questions, which, to be fair, you have been!

All the best,
Julian Hurley