As far as I know, radiant already handles this. There is a function toSlug
in javascripts/admin/utility.js that filters out any invalid character.
After that, there is also an ActiveRecord validation that should not allow
diacritics in a page slug.

So.. not sure how you/your client managed to save the slug like that, but
that is normally impossible.