On 2019-9-19 12:15 PM, Walter Lee Davis wrote:
I'm not sure it's usable in today's world. The Rails version in master is
pinned at 2.3.x, and Ruby 1.9, neither of which are really viable without a lot
of patching for CVEs and such. There was a branch about 6 years ago trying to
move to Rails 4. But here is is 2019 and we have Rails 6. Not saying you need
that to be current, but at least 5.1 or 5.2 would be nice, if only for the
security patches.

It's a real shame, I remember this system very fondly, it always managed to do
so much with so little code.

Thank you Walter. Yes, my memory is the same - and my concern is also the same. I guess Rails did change quite a lot between 2.3 and 4.x - let alone 5.x. I will probably poke around a bit again unless someone else adds more to thread.

Best Regards,
Mohit.
2019-9-20 | 5:41 PM.