On 30.03.2017 13:54, Rauno Tuul wrote:

Every time, when a DBI mysql connection times out, a new socket is
opened. These sockets, which never get a reply (e.g. conn refused) from
server, idle forever - each one consumes an "open file".

Hello Rauno, I thought I'd let you know we did see your message but do not have any updates yet. There's one question about the above: when you say a connection times out, is this:
- a timeout when attempting to establish a connection, or
- a timeout when doing a query

That is, do you see the problem with new connection attempts or existing connections that are in active use but then timeout.

Thanks,
Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen